This is a guest post from Aaron Gray. Aaron is the co-founder of Studio 56 and is a passionate digital marketing expert who has worked with some of the largest digital marketing agencies in Australia. He is dedicated to helping others reach their online marketing goals.
In the digital marketing world, there are many areas which can help to boost rankings, but one area that many don’t focus on but brings the best results is an SEO content strategy.
To be successful online, your business needs to be ranked high in search engines for everyone to see. Without ranking on the first page of Google you’ll find it hard to maintain the amount of visitors and new customers that come through your website.
Creating a powerful SEO content strategy is important to hold, maintain, or boost your rankings in popular search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. But how do you create a powerful SEO content strategy you ask? The following are the top tips on how you can make a SEO content strategy that will boost your rankings.
Top Ways To Boost Your Rankings Via A SEO Content Strategy
Publishing Quality, Compelling And Relevant Content
In order to boost your website rankings with popular search engines you need to focus part of your efforts on creating compelling, relevant, and quality content. Publishing well researched, informative and relevant content that your audience is looking for will help to drive more traffic to your website and blog.
The more traffic you receive the more Google and other search engines see your site as an authority figure, thus boosting your website up in ranking results. In order to publish quality, compelling, and relevant content it’s important to follow a few things. These include:
- Researching your audience thoroughly to see what they’re looking for and what they don’t want.
- Use relevant keywords that are directly related to your content and industry, but don’t keyword stuff.
- Write content that answers exactly, and in detail what your audience wants to know. If they want to know ‘How to start up a website’ make sure all areas are covered right down to how to choose a hosting company and domain name. If the post is too big you can break it down into sections or a series of posts which can be released over a few weeks. This will also create anticipation for your audience while they look forward to the next post.
- Use plagiarism tools to make sure your content isn’t duplicated. Duplicated content can really hurt your overall website rankings. Copyscape.com is a great program to check whether duplicate content is evident.
Along with writing compelling and quality articles, continually posting content that’s fresh and new on a weekly or monthly basis can also help to improve your overall website rankings.
Use Appropriate Keywords
Keywords are defined as just that, key words which are used by your visitors to search for something they’re looking for. To help create a powerful content marketing strategy it needs to be SEO optimized with keywords. Without being optimized properly Google won’t be able to rank your website accordingly when certain keywords are searched.
In order to work out the best keywords to use, using tools such as Google Keyword Planner can give you a great start. Google Keyword Planner is capable of suggesting a list of keywords that are relevant to your website and that you want your pages to rank for. There are 3 basic keywords which can be used. These include:
Generic – These keywords are generic and can be used widely. They also make it harder for your pages to rank. Generic keywords can be anything like cameras, books, and clothing.
Broad Match – Broad match keywords are a little more specific than generic keywords. These are more popular amongst website owners because they have the ability to produce better results overall. Examples of broad match keywords include Cannon camera, history books, black clothing etc.
Long Tail Keywords – Long tail keywords can help to boost your website ranking greatly. Not only do they offer specific searching parameters, but they also provide you with a way to give your audience what they’re specifically looking for. Examples of long tail keywords include:
- Cannon Camera x50 under $200
- World War II History Books
- Double layered black shirt and short clothing
The more specific the keyword, the better rankings you will receive from Google and other search engines.
Good Content Formatting
Writing good content isn’t going to help if you haven’t formatted it properly when published. In order to gain the best reviews, views, and visitors to your pages you need to make sure every post is formatted correctly. This can be done by:
- Making sure there’s sufficient white space and paragraphs between content. The key here is to have just as much white space as there is text.
- Use images which are of high quality and that are relevant to your post. The visual appeal of your page is just as important as the text.
- Make sure the content doesn’t touch the edge of the border when uploaded. There should be even spacing between the text and the border.
- The content should be in a font that’s easy to read. The best fonts include Times Roman Numerals and Arial. Generally, a 12pt size is the best.
- Use colors that contrast each other like black and white. Having a similar background color to the text color can make it hard to read.
- To help break up large blocks of text use bullet points.
Formatting your text correctly and making sure there are no grammatical mistakes will help Google and your audience see you as an informative, professional, and authority website. This in turn will help to boost your overall website ranking for the better.
Creating a powerful content marketing strategy is all about researching and writing SEO optimized content that is popular to read by your visitors. By taking the time with your content strategy you may just see positive results in a very short amount of time.
So have you made any changes to your content strategy? What did you improve? Did it help your website rankings? Leave a comment and let us know.
Well written article thanks. Having keyword in url of inbound links is now more important than ever when doing SEO. Other than this I fully agree with your article